Meet and Greet with the Queen

Queen City of the South - Cebu!




I just loved this trip.. actually,  I love all of my trips! lols

This is so memorable for me, coz we were able to survive Cebu without any planned itinerary!

We arrived the city with no hotels to stay in for 3 days and 2 nights, I dont have list of where to go to and places to visit. I'm confident that google would be able to help me out during those days and indeed they didnt fail me!

 Thanks God, I was able to book a super cheap fare through Airphil express. You wouldn't believe it, but you gotta.. My RT fare cost me 214php only! I also got the best schedule. From Manila 7:45am-9:am Cebu, then Cebu 6:45pm - 8:00Pm to Manila.

We were able to maximize our time since we got the earliest and latest flight back and forth.

Upon arrival at Mactan Airport, we asked the airport personnel regarding were to look for white taxi and hotels.

They gave us leaflets regarding the hotels in Cebu. We were supposed to check in at Cebu Century Hotel and Sampaguita Suites as my friends stayed there before, it's so cheap, rates range from 700-900 only for two pax. Though we checked in at Golden Valley Hotel for 1,300 for two fax with WIFI, and breakfast for two. The taxi driver recommended that hotel. It's near Sto Rosario Church, Jolibee, South Bus Station, Magallanes Cross, Sto Nino Church, Cebu Cathedral and Shamrock.

The hotel is also 10 minutes jeepney ride away from Crown Regency, Fuente Circle, Larshian and SM Cebu.





WHAT TO DO IN CEBU CITY? 
Sit back, relax and just enjoy the photos :))



 Visit the most famous old Church, the Basilica De Santo NiNo







Buy that colorful candles and make a wish at the Magellan's Cross

 located at the back of the Sto Nino church is the  Plaza Sugbo. :) Few blocks away is the Cebu's Cathedral -- actually, there's a lot of old churches in Cebu that you can visit. 
Also at the back of the Magellan's Cross is the City Hall



Ride the Jeepney! 

I love Cebu's jeepneys. They are so colorful.  If you are going to ask for directions, Cebuanos will be telling you to look for jeepney codes like 06C, 14D, 6B.. They are not really using the signboard in front of the jeep.












Eat Lechon

your trip to Cebu wouldn't be complete without eating their most famous Lechon at CnT - blocks away from SM Cebu. Just Ride a Jeepney, have the driver dropped you off at SM, walk across it and you will see the Yellow Building of CnT. Just Make sure not to go there during lunch time. 


Buy Pasalubong at Shamrock

I saw two Shamrock store at Cebu, not really sure how many stores they have. One located near the Sto Nino Church and the other in Fuente Circle

Bought all of these at Shamrock store.. Otap, Barquillos, Dried Mangoes and my favorite coco mango candies!




Cebu's Danggit... I bought this at Island Cruise few blocks away from the airport.


Have a Food Trip at Larshian

It was my first time to eat a rice wrapped in banana leaves. It's kinda sticky. Make sure to visit Larshian if you love grilled food! It's a big market but all of their food are just the same. Hehehe! You can smell and see smoke all over the place so make this as your last stop for the night or else you'll smell like a charcoal. :P



Experience the Sky Adventure

Located at the 38th floor in Crown Regency Hotel
Even the elevator ride was quite a challenge for me, because it is transparent and you can see parts of Cebu City while going up.


Osmena Circle during daytime and night time




after the ride, we stayed for few minutes to watch the Sunset

 We tried the Zipline, Edge Coaster and Sky Walk... the last is the scariest for me! I can barely walk.... jusko! hahaha!


This photo souvenir cost me a fortune! forgot how much it is but definitely pricey! 



hahaha! I nabbed this shot from the monitor... psssstt! I just pretended I was calling someone while I clicked on the shutter... But I think they saw me.. lol! 


It indeed a worthwhile travel and one of those memorable adventures that I had. I'm looking forward to go back in Cebu.


I wanna visit the Mactan Island, the Lapupu, Sutukil and lot more...





for the side trip in Cebu, check out my other blog post


http://extrasimaydee.blogspot.com/2012/01/side-trips-at-cebu.html

xx,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baguio... at Long Last!

Bicol - Caramoan Tour 2017

Come Again in Camiguin - Countryside Tour